Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our first blog



This whole blogging thing is a new world to me. I dont even think I have read someone elses blog, until I decided I wanted to start one for Ellie. The purpose of this blog is keep you all up to date with how Ellie is doing.

The last few days have been a bit of a blur. Whilst away for the weekend in Rye, Ellie suffered her first seizure at 1:30am on Sunday 20 Sept. This was frightening to say the least. Once paramedics arrived her seizure went for about 1 hour before it was brought under control, at which point Ellie was taken by helicopter from Rosebud hospital to Monash Clayton... this was painstaking, as Luke an I had to drive ourselves to Monash. I think that car trip was a blur, Luke safely running red lights to get us there ASAP.

Unfortunatley seizures are a part of WHS but we thought Ellie was lucky enough to escape them. Currently she is on 2 anti seizure medications, and over the next 20 days this will drop to one. Hopefully the medications will reduce the severity of any further seizures, if not prevent them.

Whilst in hospital she had a EEG that showed some abnormalities, however it is what they expected due to WHS. In the next 4 weeks she will need a MRI to rule out any other reasons for the seizure, however the doctors are confident that it was due to WHS. I will keep you all updated with the MRI date and results.

Ellie is back home now after 4 days in hospital and is slowly coming back to her happy smiley self.


6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea.. And Mason (Ellie's Cousin)loves seeing photo's of her..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa what a beautiful idea! I have been talking about doing one for Noam since i brought him home from hospital almost 4 years ago.... Cant wait to follow ellie's journey ( and yours).....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have said it before but I think you are amazing! Ellie is so beautiful and you guys have such strength. I am in awe! Love you all lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea Mel... Sending U all my love and am here if U need anything (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing Ellie's story with the world is a wonderful idea. She is very special and so are her parents.....We are very proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the up date on Ellie's story it was a beautiful thing to do about a very special great niece Love Joan Haworth

    ReplyDelete