Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

"Two steps forward, one step back" I feel like this is a common phrase that goes through our head alot lately... whenever we seem to be making progress with Ellie something seems to happen or come along, that puts us back a few steps... What has made me think this, this time around??  

Up until 1 week ago, Ellie was making real progress with her exercises to help improve her strength, weight bear through her legs, and eventually help her to sit on her own. Just as she was doing really well with these, she had the seizure, now she also has a horrid cough and cold. I know this doesnt sound that bad, but due to all this I have had to cancel her phsio appointment today with early intervention and also her occupational therapy appointment tomorrow, as she doesnt have the strength at the moment. I know she needs all the rest she can get at the moment, to get her strength back, but its just hard, when we were making such progress with her exercises.

On a more positive note, we have received a appointment for Ellies MRI, this will be done on the 20 October at 8:30am, unfortunately they need to put her under a anaesthetic for this as she needs to lie very still, (which for those who know Ellie well, know this is hard for her... She was born with 'ants in her pants')

Anyway, Ellie sleeping at the moment, so will make the most I can of the 'me' time : )

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hello. I am a mommy of a little girl with WHS too and found your blog through Anna's.

    I will be following sweet Ellie and praying for her!

    ReplyDelete