Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

First day at CPEC

Last week Wednesday Ellie and I had our first morning at CPEC . I have to admit I was excited, nervous, & tired. Ellie decided that on that morning she would start her day at 5 am...
Maybe she too was excited about CPEC.

There are 8 other kiddies in Ellies group, ranging from 18 months to 2.5 years. There is also about 4 therapists in the group too. I have to admit as it was our first session, it passed as a bit of a blur. There was so much going, and so much for me to take in.

The morning started off with doing some sitting. Each child has all their own equipment, one of them is like a big wooden bed, and to do sitting the child sits on the floor in front of it on non slip material. Ellie wore her leg wraps whilst she was sitting and this seemed to help. We then had about 30-4o mins to choose what sensory activity to do, the options were trampoline work, fitball work, rocker board etc. Ellie quite liked this... But this did not surprise me. Ellie has always loved movement etc.

After this we did some tummy work, with me trying to help Ellie to creep forward on her tummy. This was where really started to get unhappy. To be honest I think she was more tired because she was up at 5am, than not liking what she was doing. I gave Ellie a cuddle to calm her down and she feel asleep on me. She had a 30 min cat nap on a matress on the floor. I actually didnt think she would wake up... but she did and the proceeded to do the rest of the morning, which was snack time, and then some singing and hand work

I really did enjoy the morning... and yes at some stages I felt like a fish out of water... There is alot of new things for me to learn too... but that makes it all the more exciting

Tomorrow being Monday we are back at CPEC again.

Here is a pic of Ellie, fast asleep at CPEC..... She was exhausted!!!


6 comments:

  1. Mel, I am so excited for you both! Well done on all the hard work. You will be an old hat before you know it! enjoy tomorrow and hopefully with not such a early wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic! I agree with Bron, you will be an old hat before long. All the exercises will tire Ellie out too don't forget. Hope it goes well tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it is going to be a great place for Ellie! I am so excited for you. I love the picture of her sleeping - too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting. Love the picture! Best of luck on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very recent CPEC 'graduates' and loved every minute of it. We are sure you and Ellie will too xo

    ReplyDelete