Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Monday, August 26, 2013

5.. How did we get here??




There are times that I feel like Ellie has been here forever and I cant remember my life before her.
Times when I think back and realise how far she has come.

Then there are times when I feel like it was only yesterday that Ellie came into our lives.... and I can still feel those raw emotions of fear and joy.

Fear of what was to come?
Fear of what Ellie's life would be like?
Fear of what our life as a family would be like and how our life would change?
Fear of the unknown?

Joy at the arrival of our precious little girl.
Joy at our family of 2 becoming a family of 3.
Joy at this little thing that was going to amaze me..!!!

These are days like August 22. Ellie's birthday. This year she turned 5.

5..!!! Where did that come from??? What I have a 5 year old.

Over the last 5 years, there are still occasions where I go back to those fears I had when Ellie was born. There will always be some sort of fear of the unknown with Ellie. That just comes with having a child who has a disability.

However that is only short lived. When I look at our girl, and she reminds me that she is a strong, determined, resilient and funny girl, that has so much love to give.

It amazes me that we are here at 5, planning school next year for Ellie.
It makes me beam with pride how well she has fitted into kinder, and melts my hear that she has made her own kinder friends.
It makes me SMILE and helps subsides those fears...!!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Ellie. You bring us so much joy...!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ellie has taught our whole family what life is really about. She is the most fun, funny, loving and fabulous person I know. Well done on the first five Ellie, look out for the next five, what will she show us next.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5th Birthday Amazing Ellie! I hope this year is the best yet!

    Mel - I found and read your blog while we were still pregnant with Magnolia. You will never know how much your amazing family and your written words about your life helped us in a very dark hour.

    Love to all!

    ReplyDelete