Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wow where did the 2 years go? Happy Birthday Ellie

Today, 22 August at 12:50pm Elllie turned 2. Part of me thinks 'where on earth has that time gone' and the other part of me feels like Ellie has been here forever and that 2 years took ages to reach.

For me Ellies birthdays are a real celebration, to celebrate where she has come from and what she has acheived. She has acheived so much in her short life... she has been through 7 operations, she has suffered horrific seizures that are now becoming slowly under control, She has become so much stronger, she now curiously plays with toys, she eats so much better, she recognises familiar faces in her life, and challenges new people in her life with a stern stare.

However there is a small part of me that is tinged with something; wether it be sadness, curiousity as to what life could have been like, or hope... Hope that life may get easier one day for Ellie.

Dont get me wrong Ellie is the absolute light of my life. Ellie can make me smile by doing nothing. Make me laugh constantly, just by her cute smirk or her cheekiness that is slowly coming out in her personality..... But... Ellies birthdays also make me think about what life would have been like without WHS in our life.

All that aside, today was a celebration. We had a beautiful lunch with close family. Thank you Ellie for all that you have taught us, We love you, and have made me me find a different side to me that I never knew. Thank you!!!

P.s - Photos of Ellies birthday to follow

8 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Birthday Ellie! Cant wait until you post the birthday pics!

    I totally get the mixed feelings that come with birthdays.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday darling Ellie. I think birthdays are milestones in themselves.

    I used to have mixed feelings, but now every year is a bonus.

    Looking forward to this coming year for Ellie and can't wait to see what she achieves xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ellie!

    I hope you all had a wonderful day and I can't wait to see pictures!!

    I am a few more years into this, Gracie is 8, and I used to feel the same way on her birthday. It takes time, but it does get easier. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ellie!! What a gift she has given to us all these two past years. I can't wait to see what she has in store over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday dear Ellie! Our kids are the best gift on earth God gave us. Stay strong Mel as you always be. We always pray for Ellie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Sweet Ellie! I completely understand the two emotions-- that of happiness and celebration mixed in with a little "what if." Here's another way to reframe those lingering questions: "What if Ellie had been given to another mother who is not nearly as wonderful as you are?" See? It's just another reason to celebrate this occasion! Much love to you both, and I am sending prayers for another year of miracles, milestones, and memories! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said Laurie... I love your new 'What if" comment.... Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww happy birthday princess! I know what you mean too, I go through that with Jasmine, what if she had never gotten meningitis! What if the doctor would have listened to ME and caught it earlier, what if........!!! But I am so glad she's here with me and doing as well as she is considering what could have been!

    ReplyDelete