Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lets CELEBRATE Carers

Sometimes I find it hard to recognise myself as a carer... Im just doing what any other mother or father would do if they also had a child with a disability.... Im just looking after Ellie because I love her, because Luke and I want the best for Ellie.

This week is Carers week. Careres weeks is time to celebrate the 2.6 million unpaid family carers tho make a cital contribution to Australian society. Across Australia carers are providing unpaid care and support for a family member or friend with a disability, mental illness or disorder, chronic condition, terminal illness or who is frail.

Caring for Ellie is a full time role, and yes somedays I miss the normality of 'life', but one thing Ive learnt from looking after Ellie is that I am alot stronger than I ever thought I was.

Happy Carers day to all the carers out there!!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Carers Day to you Mel! Ellie is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristy : )

    Do you have carers day in America?

    ReplyDelete