Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Update

Its been a bit longer than normal since my last post... life has just caught up with me, plus I havent been 100% ... Since my last post Ellie has started Bayside Special Development school. She is going every Tuesday and Thursday. At this stage she is staying there from 9am - 1pm, and we will slowly work up to her staying there for the normal time of 9am - 2:30pm.

The first day that I left her their, felt weird. I was excited, proud, sad, nervous, hesitant... But the teachers and helpers all made me feel at ease. They were so excited to have Ellie there... The first day I only left her their till 12pm. When I arrived back on the first day at 12pm to pick her up, Ellie didnt see me arrive. She was sitting in her pram with another little girl near the piano, whilst one of the teachers played the piano. Ellie was LOVING it, her head was shaking, her arms and legs were dancing... She had no idea I was there... Afer about 5 minutes, she turned around and saw me... she then gave me the biggest smile!!

Ellie seems to be really enjoying it...
The teachers just LOVE her...
Each day when I pick her up, they tell me all that she has done...

Today I was even told that Ellie was the 'best' in their morning circle, where they sing Good Morning....

All this positive stuff has made me feel very comfortable with leaving Ellie there... I love that Ellie is enjoying it, and over time making new friends!!
_____________________________________

Lately we have also been practicing Ellies sitting. While we do this she has her leg wraps on, as these stabilise her. We start of with Ellie having a U-shaped cushion around her to support her, and make her feel safe. But over time she starts to sit up more and more, and rest on the cushion less and less... I even removed the cushion, I think without Ellie realising... and she still managed to sit... for longer than she ever has...

For some reason, I have always thought... "Will Ellie ever sit???""

I have to admit, sometimes I have had doubts.. Yes I always try to remain positive and think she will, but it is hard when sitting is a skill most kids start at about 6 months and Ellie is almost 3 yo and not sitting... I suppose I would like her to start seeing the world from a different view too... Anyway... check out the pics...!!



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics as always. Sounds like she is having a wonderful time at Bayside! Don't ever give up hope that she will sit on her own! She is doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bayside does sound great! So pleased to hear Ellie is enjoying it there.

    Love the photos, Anna is right, try not to lose hope, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting this all is. I'm so happy for you all. Look how much she has grown since we have last seen her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Ellie! Great job sitting and in school. You are going to show them all what you are made of and continue to make Mommy so proud!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brought me to tears!! I LOVE it! Way to go Ellie! You are so strong! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Posted a comment on this post the other day but think Blogger lost it.

    Great photos!

    So glad to hear Ellie is enjoying Bayside.

    ReplyDelete