Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday my princess

Dear Ellie,

Happy 3rd Birthday my beautiful princess.

3 years... Where has that time gone? Our life has changed drastically since you came along.

When becoming parents we didn't expect that we would have a child with special needs.
Nor did we think our life would revolve around therapy and doctors appointments.

We never expected that you would have to work so hard to achieve all the usual milestones.
Nor did we think there would be milestones you would not meet.

Ellie, yes there has been a part of the last 3 years that has been hard, there have been tears, and their has been worry.

But you bring so much joy, happiness, and laughter to our house, that you help erase the hard times. You have taught me so much about myself that I never knew.

You have made me a stronger person.
You have made me a courageous person.
You have made me speak up, where I normally wouldnt.
You have made me appreciate more in life, the small things in life.
You have made me a proud mother....

And for all this I Thank You.

Happy Birthday, my Beautiful Princess

Love Mum x

6 comments:

  1. Happy 3rd Birthday to the amazing Ellie! x

    Really is incredible what they teach us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday dear Ellie. You guys inspired me...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ellie xx Mel have been thinking of you as often birthdays are such an emotional journey for us Mums remembering where our kids came from and but also how far they have come. xx much love to all of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ellie!!! Love and hugs from us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday sweet Ellie! Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete