Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Milestones (Not the standard kind)

When Ellie was first born, I was always looking at those developmental milestones charts, 'Willing' Ellie to learn new skills, new skills that she should be able to do for her age.

This was not good for my sanity... It took up until Ellie was 2yo for me to be 'sort of ok' with the fact that Ellie wasnt going to go by the books, according to those bloody developmental charts. Ellie was going to do her thing, when she was ready... and I am now ok with that.

Today we reached a new milestone... No its not one of the standard ones, its not crawling or walking.... But I still got as excited.

Today I took Ellie to the supermarket & on previous visits, Ellie has always had to go in the baby capsule in the trolley, as she was not able to sit unaided (and as Ellie is very long she had definately outgrown the capsule)... Today I thought... 'Why not'... Why dont I try Ellie sitting in the front of the trolley?

Ellie loved it...!!
I loved it...!!

I think everyone in the supermarket thought I was crazy, cause I just kept taking photos of Ellie sitting in the trolley, like it was some mirracle... I was so impressed and proud.

Ellie spent the whole time looking down at her feet and the ground and making lots of noise..

New milestone reached. Check...




13 comments:

  1. Love! It!!!!! Awesomeness!!!!!!! That is an amazing milestone!!!!!! I can't even say how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing this milestone!
    Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I was SO excited when I could put my daughter sitting up on her own in the front of the supermarket trolley, instead of strapping her onto me or in her stroller & then try & squeeze as many groceries into the stupid little basket that I could manage to carry in one hand.
    Can only begin to imagine how you feel, Mel, and well done Ellie, & you must be feeling super excited about her next major milestones..... Every day, new beginnings!!!! Looking forward to hearing about each & every one!! Love ya xxoo jodes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Ellie!! That's awesome!! She looks so adorable and like such a big girl sitting up there! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horray Ellie! THis is a very exciting milestone indeed! I remember when Dylan could finally sit in the front of the cart and I too was snapping pictures left and right. Love you Ellie, keep up all the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand this excitement! mel!! i remember when i first put Noam in the trolley! Low muscle tone and a difficult task at first but it was so exciting when it happenS! Most people wouldn't even think of that as a milestone or something exciting!! Sadly most people take most of these things for granted! keep snapping away! memories forever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this milestone and think it should be added to the blue book! It is a huge developmental achievement and I am thrilled for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot!! It is HUGE milestone! Just you wait until she can help you push the trolley!! She is looking so grown up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHH!!! How cute! yay go Ellie!!!! Soooo happy for her/you! Well done little princess! Love Bridgyyyy! aka Ridgey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooooo Hooooo!!! How exciting! That is sooooo cool - she is aweseome! I bet you were proud, I'd love to have seen your face! Well done to the both of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son also reached this same milestone this past week, and I too took about twelve pictures of him while we were walking around the grocery store! It is a very exciting milestone, one that went almost unnoticed with my other children, but with Frank, I celebrate everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome!!! Any and every milestone is worth celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete