Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Monday, October 12, 2009

Paediatrician Appointment

Today we caught up with Ellies paediatrician. I explained to him how I was still concerned that Ellie still wasnt completely back to her old self after the seizure, the only way that I could describe it, is that she has lost some of her 'Spark' and that she can appear a bit flat. He explained that this would all be a side effect of one of the anti seizure meds she is on at the moment, tegretol. He advised that this could be making her feel tired, nauseous, causing stomach pains, etc. He also explained that as it was a large seizure, it will take her some time to feel completely better.

Our plan is to monitor how Ellie is over the next 1-2 months, to see if there is any improvement, and to see if she adjusts to the medication. Fingers crossed she does, as I dont want to play round with to many medications either.  No weigh in today, I didnt think it was necessary as she was weighed only 1 week ago, and I really doubt there will be much weight gain.

Tomorrow we have physio again, which I am really looking forward too. We have been working really hard on Ellies exercises this week, so I have that Helene has noticed some improvement. Fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are praying that Ellie is back to her old self soon. Hopefully the medicine levels will settle and she will gain that spark right back.

    ReplyDelete