Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ellie's Sick

Ellie is sick... It started earlier this week when her left ear was slightly gunky, nothing major. We just used ear drops for a couple of days. She also had a very slight temp Monday this week and what we think was a viral rash on her left shoulder. This all pretty much cleared up by Wednesday. However Friday morning we were out and Ellie had her hearing aids in, as her ears had cleared up... well so I thought... When I took her left hearing aid out, her ear was FULL of glue like gunk... I also thought Ellie felt slightly warm, so thought it best to go home and not do what we had planned for the afternoon.

When we got home, before Ellie went down for a sleep, I checked her temp..... 39.5 celcius...I was shocked and worried. I hate temps in Ellie as there is a increased risk of her having seizures.

We went to the Dr that afternoon... Ellie is back on the ear drops, on antibiotics, she is also on eye drops for conjunctivitis.

Since Friday with panadol and neurofen her temp has still been between 38 & 39.5, I am really hoping this starts to decrease tomorrow.

Ellie has also had a few vomits this week and today it appears that she has a bit of a upset tummy too... Poor thing, she just looks miserable!!

I am not looking forward to Winter if this is a sign of what is too come.

5 comments:

  1. I hope she gets better soon. Winter has been a bear for us here. Kaylee is STILL sick...as soon as one runny nose clears up, another comes a'calling. Hugs and love to Ellie...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap Mel. Hope she is better soon. Thinking of you xxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping Ellie gets better soon. Sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry she's feeling yucky! Hope she is on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete