Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Please dont look at me like I am different.

My Name is Ellie Eda Young... I have Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome
Please dont look at me like I am different.

I have 2 legs, but am yet to walk.
I have 2 arms that I am learing to use.
I like to shake... My head, my arms, my legs and my whole body...
But please dont look at me like I am different.

I wear hearing aids.
I was born with one eye and
I am tiny for my age...
But please dont look at my like I am different.

I cannot talk, but I have so much to say.
I love it when people talk to me, you can see it in my eyes.
Just because I don't talk, it doesn't mean I cant communicate.
I will still let you know what I like and don't like...
But please don't look at me like I am different.

My parents don't want pity; they see it in your eyes.
They need support, encouragment and sometimes a shoulder to lean on.
I also don't like it when strangers stare...
Please don't look at me like I am different.

I can laugh like a normal child.
I can love like their is no tomorrow.
I can teach you things you never knew about yourself...
But please don't look at me like I am different.

My Name is Ellie Eda Young &
I have Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome...
Please dont look at me like I am different.


9 comments:

  1. Great post Mel! Can relate to lots of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING post! Love you! Love Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful words in regards to Ellie! Kisses and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully written! I love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely Mel... kisses to Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love it!!!! She is completely beautiful. BTW... I'm sitting here with Alexander and he started squawking when her picture came up.... I think he has a crush <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful words for your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the comment sis...
    Beautiful words, from beautiful parents,
    For a Beautiful girl.
    Ellie is truely lucky to have super parents such as yourselves.
    love you all...Dan and Bridgy

    ReplyDelete