Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Monday, December 28, 2009

A break has been nice

December has been a quiet month for therapy with Ellie, this was partly due to some therapy services not operating this month. It was also due to some advice from another mum with a child with WHS (Thanks Anna) That sometimes a break from therapy can but just what you and your child need.... and it was. This month was relaxed and Ellie and I have had some real good quality time together, and would you beleive it she has started to do more... she is now rolling, sitting a bit better with the boppy pillow and talking heaps. So I think Ellie really did appreciate the break from therapy too.

This break isnt going to go on too long as I do feel that therapy is a vital part in moving forward with Ellies development, however in the new year I am going to reasess what therapy Ellie requires and I am also going to look into a few new ideas from discussions with other Mums who have a child with WHS. Such as chiropractor (I have been advised that this can help with low muscle tone) I also want to look into craniosacral therapy, I dont know much about this but again has been recomended by other mums of WHS kids. One other thing that I am interested in is signing for babies. As we are unaware if Ellie will be able to talk, I would like to work on other forms and ways for her to communicate.

This all sounds like my year is going to be busy, even busier than last year. But my new years resolution is to reassess all the therapy that Ellie is currently having and the therapy that I think she would benefit from, and work out what is most important for her.... I normally dont make new years resolutions, but im sure I can stick to this one.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your resolution. I feel like there are days where Riley is saying this is too much. I think a break is a great idea at times like that. Riley's PT gave me a hard time for canceling therapy on Christmas Eve! Give the child a break. I'm glad Ellie is doing so well. You are an amazing mom, always looking out for the best interest of Ellie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have had a lovely break! Sometimes it truly is just what you need!
    Ryley used to see a chiropractor, and he also has had some craniosacral work done too. The chiro we saw was a chiron healer which was fascinating.

    I love you new years resolution too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel, happy new year! Love the new pics of Ellie. Noticed in your post that you are interested in checking out chiropractic for Ellie...I can recommend some great chiropractors for you if you wish. Chat soon Liz xx

    ReplyDelete