Being happy doesnt mean that everything is perfect.

It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections...

Monday, February 8, 2010

Respite started today... & I am more comfortable with it than I thought I would be

I think this is mainly to do with the respite worker that I have been given, Sheila. On opening my door to her, I immediately felt comfortable, she took to Ellie in such a beautiful way, and we spent the whole 2 hours just talking. We talked about Ellie, her condition, her progress so far, we talked about her family, kids, grandchildren etc and also my family.

It was nice... It was comfortable.... it was 2 hours that seemed like 30 minutes... the time just flew... It was not what I expected... which is GREAT!!!

I have to admit I have been very reluctant to except the offers from our council for respite for 3 reasons:
- My mum already looks after Ellie 4 hours every Thursday morning, so I get a break there
- I was not ready to leave Ellie with someone I didnt know.
- I never thought we needed Respite.... but now I figure, you take what help you can get

But this morning changed all of that, as Sheila was wonderful

And I think its good for Ellie to get a mixture of different people to look after her.

Sheila is back again in 2 weeks time, and will come every monday for 2 hours. I dont think I will be ready to leave the house for a coffee and "me" time when she comes next, we will slowly work towards that.


1 comment: